Unable to resolve symbols in PAM

I recently updated my server from Redhat 5.2 to Redhat 6.1.  The update was
to deal with someone who hacked into my system.  Since then, anytime anyone
tries to authenticate, I get three messages in the /var/log/messages file
about symbols PAM is unable to resolve.  These have me worried, as I'm not
sure if they are a side-effect of the update, or the hacker's activities.

The messages are:

	Dec  6 14:09:14 foobar login: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
pam_sm_acct_mgmt
	Dec  6 14:09:14 foobar login: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
pam_sm_open_session
	Dec  6 14:09:14 foobar login: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
pam_sm_close_session

Can anyone point me to a FAQ list or help with an answer?  Thanks.

--
Mark Galbraith