Re: Open Xlock as root

vorlon@netexpress.net writes:
>On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
>> So to someone setting up a new system from scratch, I would only recommend
>> pam_pwdb if they found a problem with pam_unix and needed a workaround and
>> found that pam_pwdb fixed it.
>
>I would hope that if someone did find a problem with pam_unix and needed a
>workaround, that they would also report it to the PAM list so that the
>problem could be addressed in future releases. :)

Absolutely.  I only know (personally) of a few cases where folks have
contacted us about pam_pwdb's slowness, and I haven't heard of problems
in those cases.  I just don't know yet how widely-tested it is yet.
(Note, I'm only saying that I myself don't know, not casting any
aspersions.  :-)  I want to affirm that all the reports that I can
recall seeing so far have been positive.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development     http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/