Re: pam_unix, cracklib, Makefiles

On Thu, Dec 16, Marcus Harnisch wrote:

[...]
> A third topic was this cracklib thing. Is there a reason for a module
> pam_cracklib *and* pam_unix with cracklib support. Which would you
> recommend in which case?

It depends on your needs. pam_cracklib can make a lot of more
checks then pam_unix does. And not everybody is using pam_unix.
The only thing I find very bad is, that pam_cracklib does not
read a config file. If I wish to change on option (for example
min length of a password), I need to grep through all config
files and make the necessary changes.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg