Re: Authentication in CGIs via PAM

> > I would like to use PAM to do the authentication, but the concept of the
> > conversational function badly fits with the stateless approach of CGI
> > interaction.

Why don't you implement authentication in the Web-Server? Your CGI
script could check environment variables to retrieve the authenticated
user name.

An Apache module implementing PAM is here: http://blank.pages.de/pam/

---Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
[J. Dread, Otherland]