Re: Authentication in CGIs via PAM

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 08:59:29AM -0500, William M. Perry wrote:
> Because none of the PAM authentication modules for apache (and other
> servers like POP3 and some IMAP servers) and fundamentally broken if you
> try to use anything but username/password combinations.

I see your point. Ok, in that case, it gets complicated when you want
to do it in a module.

btw, in the case of HTTP (and thus Apache), its a fundamental
restriction of the protocol. It might be interesting to discuss a way
that could be changed -- has anyone developed a good authentication
procedure for stateless protocols?

---Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
[J. Dread, Otherland]