Re: patch for pam_unix

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:

> Hi, I found a problem with the new pam_unix's handling of the "unixlike"
> argument that appears to break it.  I've attached a patch.

This patch depends on an int and a pointer being the same size, which is a
non-portable assumption.

The correct solution is to malloc() the space for the return value, and pass
its address to pam_set_data().  The pam_sm_setcred() function is then
responsible for freeing the data when it's done with it.

I'll pull together a patch later today that does this.

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer