another oddity in Solaris 2.6 conversation function

Hiya,

I found a new oddity in the Solaris 2.6 conversation
implementation. Not only does 2.6 set app_ptr to 0, it only asks for
one response with "PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF" and then terminates
authentication.

This is really weird -- my application gets no chance to actually
deliver a correct username/password pair, authentication is terminated
immediately. Even if I deliver the username first (reasoning that the
implementation might check for an existing user and only continue in
that case), the result is completely the same.

Does anyone have a clue on what Solaris expects as the response?

---Ingo Luetkebohle / 21st Century Digital Boy

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
[J. Dread, Otherland]