Re: timer restrictions

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Wes Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 12:08:54AM -0800, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> > Is there any reason why you could not make a module that would trigger
> > such a firewalling event? I can imagine it having a use for things
> > besides POP.
>
> I do not know if this function would fit completely within the scope of
> PAM.  Dynamically altering your TCP wrapper access file.  You could hack
> the tcpd stuff so that it updated a db type file.

This was my thought also.   TCP_wrapper is pretty common, and I'm
surprised I haven't seen this mentioned before.  Pretty good for
managing DOS attacks, as well as the most .... clients.  And works
for non-authenticating connections.

I haven't looked at Wietse Venema's tcp_wrapper source in eons.

Doug

Douglas M. MacFarlane
Principal, Vauban Industries
madmac@mcs.net