Re: pam_password.c question

> > I am wondering why it is necessary to call _pam_dispatch twice?  Is
> > this part of the specification?
>
> Its not in the original RFC spec, but in Sun's originial set of manuals:

  And does Solaris implement this?

  I could be on crack, but I recall having to work-around this problem
with my pam module on Solaris.  The Linux PAM called the
pam_chauthtok() function twice with the right flags, Solaris 2.6
called it once.

  I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this behaviour.

  Alan DeKok.