Re: pam_password.c question

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Katy Burns wrote:

> I am tempted to omit the preliminary check in my port of the
> framework, but would like to understand the implications before doing
> so.

I think the idea behind the two passes is to minimize the risk of a
failure in the middle of the stack that would lead to an inconsistent
state: some tokens would be updated while the rest would not. Of course,
such an approach cannot eliminate this risk completely.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"NSA GCHQ KGB CIA nuclear conspiration war weapon spy agent... Hi Echelon!"