Basic Authentication for web pages

I have been looking into creating an application that will use PAM as the
authentication mechanism for Basic Authentication of web pages.

I have the code to get the information from the server.  Now I am trying to
figure out how the PAM library is going to know where to get the
password.

The username and password will come into the program on stdin in the form
username:password with possible preceding and trailing spaces.

I know that this will limit the modules that can be used, but I was only
hoping for Kerberos IV and 5, Novell bindery, and local passwd file access.

Thanks in advance for the help in understanding this.

Wes
---
Wes Brown
ewb4@po.cwru.edu		wes@smellycat.com