Re: pam_password.c question

I've just looked on a solaris 7 machine. Here is the same piece of text
from the corresponding manual page. If you need to work around this, I'm
confident you have a valid case to ask Sun about it...

Cheers

Andrew

SunOS 5.7           Last change: 28 Oct 1996                    2

C Library Functions                           pam_sm_chauthtok(3)

     attributes(5)

NOTES
     The PAM framework invokes the password services twice.   The
     first   time   the   modules  are  invoked  with  the  flag,
     PAM_PRELIM_CHECK.  During this stage, the  password  modules
     should  only  perform preliminary checks.  For example, they
     may ping  remote name services to see if they are ready  for
     updates.   If  a  password  module detects a transient error
     such as a remote name service temporarily  down,  it  should
     return   PAM_TRY_AGAIN  to  the  PAM  framework,  which will
     immediately return the error back to the application. If all