Re: casts considered harmful

> > Why on earth do we specify a constant pointer to a pointer to a
> > void for this?  All it does is force people to use casts, which
> > are just a way to mask programmers' mistakes so that they don't
> > notice them until they get a hard-to-track-down bug report.

const void **

I believe it is meant to be a pointer to a pointer to a 'const void'.
That is the data at the far destination is supposed to be the thing that
we cannot modify, not either of the pointers we use on the way.

I believe this is a useful parallel example:

   const char *this = "that";
   const char **this_p;

   this_p = &this;

Cheers