Re: pam_password.c question

> I've just looked on a solaris 7 machine. Here is the same piece of text
> from the corresponding manual page. If you need to work around this, I'm
> confident you have a valid case to ask Sun about it...

  ... and I'll get the same response I get any time I ask about
problems with PAM: "Thank you for your concern, now PFO."

  We've had customers with support contracts call Sun, and they get
much the same response.

  I read the man page.  I read the specs.  Linux-PAM implements the
two-pass password change mechanism.  The EXACT code that worked on
Linux wouldn't work on Solaris until I hacked it to do everything in
one pass.

  This is the source of my confusion:  Is it just me?  Am *I* the
stupid one here?  Or have others seen this broken behaviour, too?

  Alan DeKok.