Re: Basic Authentication for web pages

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Wes Brown wrote:

> I am trying to figure out if PAM is responsible for getting the information
> from the web server or if I should pass it in some way that I am not aware
> of.

The application (web server in this particular case) is responsible for
feeding the modules with the data (via the conversation function).

You certainly want to look at the existing code, esp. at the Apache
module, and modify it instead of writing your code from the scratch. It
has always be the best way to learn new things for me. :)

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"NSA GCHQ KGB CIA nuclear conspiration war weapon spy agent... Hi Echelon!"