Re: Source code for Pam'd applications

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Alan DeKok wrote:

>   I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of applications implementing
> security policy through partial PAM support.  Maybe the code structure
> of linux-ftpd doesn't handle this well, but there seems to be no
> reason why PAM_TEXT_INFO can't result in a '331' message.

The question is whether the clients would be able to grok it. The FTP
protocol is quite inflexible, and many implementations are even less
flexible.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"NSA GCHQ KGB CIA nuclear conspiration war weapon spy agent... Hi Echelon!"