Re: PAM Radius module

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Stefanita Vilcu wrote:

> Is there any PAM Radius module which supports both authentication and
> accounting?
> I was looking at Cryptocard and SafeAccess Technologies versions and
> seems that both support only authentication, for the accounting being
> used Cristian Gafton's pam_radius module.  I have an RH 6.0 i386 system.

To my knowledge, there are no PAM modules which combine radius accounting
and auth.  Since authentication and accounting functions are orthogonal in
PAM, there's no real need to combine them in a single module.  Is there a
reason you can't use pam_radius together with one of the other modules?

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer