Re: Possible memory leak in the pam_unix and other modules

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Nikolay Pelov wrote:

> I was browsing through the sources of the pam_unix module and I suspect
> that there is a memory leak in one place. The problem is in the following
> code fragment taken from the funcion _set_auth_tok in support.c:

Yes, this is a memory leak.  It is mentioned explicitly in the Linux PAM
documentation (although I had to do some digging to find it) that the
response structure is supposed to be malloc()ed by the conversation
function.

> I have not actually tested this problem myself but now that there is
> someone who is actively working with this module I thought he would be
> more interested in this issue.

I've already taken care of it in my local tree. :)  Thanks :)

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer