Re: pam_unix_auth cleanup: NIS+ issues

Hello all,

I've taken a closer look at the NIS+ uid issue in the pam_unix source code
and have realized that I made a serious mistake in changing it: NIS+ really
/does/ need to make two calls to getpwnam(), and my changes will actually
cause the app to segfault (non-destructively) if the user isn't in the
passwd file (shame on me).

The uid handling remains broken, so I'm hesitant to change the getpwnam()
calls back to the way they were.  Does anyone here know what NIS+
returns in the password field for getpwnam() when called by a different
user?  I'd like to be able to check for this value, so that the module will
be useable despite the small problem in the uid handling (which I'm still
wending my way through).

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer