Re: PAM, passwd and shadow utilities

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Stephen Langasek wrote:

> The chage command you list above is, AFAIK, correct.  However, a quick grep
> through the pam_pwdb source shows that it makes no effort to check this
> value before allowing the user to change the password.  Neither does
> pam_unix right now.  I'll make a note to add this to pam_unix_passwd
> sometime soon, assuming no one else gets to it first.  Would anyone like to
> make the necessary changes to pam_pwdb as well?

If you are interested, I recently rewrote pam_unix module taking best of
pam_pwdb and old pam_unix_*. It has full shadow support, ability to
change passwords using NIS RPC, and is "parameter compatible" with pam_pwdb.
You can get it from:
ftp://hunter.mimuw.edu.pl/pub/users/baggins/PAM/pam_unix-new.tar.gz

Jan

--
Jan RÍkorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?