[no subject]

The NIS HOWTO says that I can prefix userids in my /etc/passwd file with '+'
(modify fields from the NIS definition) and '-' (ignore an NIS definition), but
these characters do not work. If a userid is defined in NIS, then that
definition, in its entirity, takes effect, and there's nothing I can do in
/etc/passwd to either override or ignore it.

I'm using pam-0.66-18 and ypbind-3.3-20, and my /etc/pam.d/login file specifies
the pwdb set of routines. Do I need to do something with my PAM configuration
files in order to enable the +- feature, do I just have an out-of-date ypbind,
and/or what else might I have to do?

--
Dave Mielke           | 856 Grenon Avenue | I believe that the Bible is the
EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2B 6G3   | if you're concerned about Hell.