PAM support under PHP3

Hello all,

I've been working on adding support for PAM (Pluggable Authentication
Modules) to PHP.  I have a preliminary implementation now available for
download at ftp://ftp.netexpress.net/pub/pam/php3_pam.tgz

At present, the code is a php3 shared module.  It was built against php
3.0.7, but should in theory compile against more recent versions.  It
requires the php3 source tree in order to build; see the enclosed README for
full details.

This is *only* a developer's release.  Although almost all of the PAM
functions and constants have been implemented, support for conversation
functions is non-existant, making it useless for practical applications.
Support for conversation functions will hopefully be available soon, along
with a reference implementation of a web-oriented conversation function.

Feedback from the PHP and PAM development communities is sought.  Since this
is my first experience working with PHP internals, I would be especially
grateful for input regarding the correctness of my interactions with these
programming APIs.

Cheers,

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer