passwd change from stdin/file

Hi,

I currently work at making an automatic account activation system for
an ISP and I'm having trouble getting passwd to change passwords without
asking (new account info is sent to the server, and the server must
activate
it automatically, and set the user's default password, all of that is
run
async from daemons).

I looked at the passwd sources and it got me to the libpam_misc
misc_conv.c's
read_string function.  I'm not really familiar with PAM so sorry if this
was
discussed before -- is there a way to make passwd read the actual
password
from stdin or from a file?  I saw something about PAM_BINARY_PROMPT and
PAM_BINARY_MSG in the misc_conv function, could that help?

Thanks =).

 - Julien Nadeau w/ CubeSoft Communications
   http://www.csoft.net