Re: xdm conv function

This got delayed for a very long time and eventually ran out of steam.
In other words, no one put it in any application.  However, there is
some code:

ftp://linux.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/pre/applications/Xauth.tar.gz

I just tried to compile it on a RH 6.0 system (glibc 2.1) and the
following additions were needed to the xconv.c file:

#include <sys/time.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

Apart from that it compiles in the form of an example.

What's wrong with this is the way it works: it spawns a separate
application to provide the PAM dialog box, and the PAM'd application
needs to talk to it via a pair of pipes. My understanding is that a
proper version of this sort of thing would wire the dialogs into the
PAM'd application's own event loop. In order to do that, you'll propably
have to make a conversation that returns PAM_CONV_AGAIN from its
conversation function and is prepared to deal with the PAM_INCOMPLETE
return code from the pam_authenticate() and pam_chauthtok() functions.
Not may modules currently support this type of conversation function,
but libpam does contain the necessary support.

Additionally, its missing binary prompt support.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andrew