Re: xdm conv function

thanks for your answer
about my first question:
> i wonder how xdm interprets the messages within the pam-conv function?
i've seen that in the default config file for xdm, the module used for auth is
pwdb:
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
this module gets the password from the user (_unix_read_password: support.c).
this means that the user may be prompted for a password (i suppose xdm just
changes the prompt text), doesn't it?
about the second question, i'm afraid i'm not familiar with X:( to understand the
source files. i suppose that the pam_conv function has an X dialog as a
parameter, instead of text?
thanks again