Re: Options for dbm-type passwd files

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 02:55:56PM +0800, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:
> How's the support (if any), and any documentation, for supporting
> passwd/shadow in GDBM/dbm-type files?  I think it's in /etc/pwdb.conf but
> I haven't found sufficient info.

I'd imagine you'd have better luck with the newer pam_unix modules and
glibc's db support in nsswitch.conf.  On my system, changing to /var/db
and running 'make' generates db files, and listing 'db' as the database
to consult for info in nsswitch.conf seems to work properly.

The pam_userdb module also supports user/password combos in db files, but
I'm not sure how you'd go about generating them.

Nalin