Re: Authentication with NT

> I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to authenticate to an NT server
> domain user list before from Linux using PAM...

use pam_smb (http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/), i bet this could be
done on RH 6.1 using pam_ldap against an NT 2000 Active Directory.., or
even the otherway

> Is this even possible, and if so, how?  I am using RedHat 6.0 and trying to
> authenticate to NT Server 4.0.

ftp://sajino.lared.net.pe/pub/linux/redhat/carenas/RPMS/i386/pam_smb-1.1.5-1.i386.rpm

RedHat 6.0 pam_smb's RPM

> Thanks, I really appreciate it.

You are welcome

Carlo

PS. there is a warning on using pam_smb-1.1 on a highly loaded NT domain,
because of a concurrence problem with NT validation, also because of the
distributed nature of validation, you should not use pam_smb on an open
network as internet.