Re: reference for md5 (was Re: Why is the hashed pw so long?)

Actually, I am looking for how the password hash is done, not how MD5 works.
Sorry
if this was not clear.
Regards.
Randy Labaza
rlabaza@tivoli.com

sen_ml@eccosys.com on 10/21/99 09:41:02 AM

Please respond to pam-list@redhat.com

To:   pam-list@redhat.com
cc:    (bcc: Randy Labaza/Tivoli Systems)
Subject:  reference for md5 (was Re: Why is the hashed pw so long?)

Randy_Labaza> Stephen or anyone,
Randy_Labaza> Can you give me a pointer (website, book, etc.) to more of the
Randy_Labaza> gory details of the MD5 password hash?

how about rfc 1321?

http://search.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1321.txt