dlerror: undefined symbol: yperr_string

Hi!

I recently upgraded from SuSE 6.1 to 6.2 which features PAM now.
Yes, I know this is a RedHat list but please read on!

Whenever su, passwd, login or probably some other commands are run, the
following errors are logged to syslog:

su: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so)
su: PAM [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so:
		  undefined symbol: yperr_string]
su: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so

Identical messages appear also for pam_unix_acct.so, pam_unix_passwd.so
and pam_unix_session.so.

An 'ltrace su' shows:
setuid(0)                                         = 0
pam_open_session(0x0804e3a0, 0, 0x0804f660, 0x40123fc0, 0xbffff408) = 28
fprintf(0x401209e0, "could not open session\n"could not open session
)   = 23
exit(1)                                           = <void>

Unfortunately, any su calls in my startup scripts (run by root) fail to
work ever since.

What causes this error logs and how do I get rid of them?

I'm _really_ lost now and therefore, I'd _appreciate_ any hints or
pointers where to look for an configuration error.
Also, please give me a CC: if possible, thanks.

Regards, Walter

--
Walter Haidinger <walter.haidinger@gmx.at>
For further information, such as address or PGP public key,