Re: More on kppp

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> I am sorry I am a little slow in catching on to everything you said
> in your original kppp message but after I made the changes in
> /etc/pam.d/kppp that you indicated I still had to execute xhost when
> I ran kppp on 6.1. What I mean is if I didn't and I was logged in as
> a regular user I got the messages:
>  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>     Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>     kppp: cannot connect to X server :0
>
> just as you say you are doing in 6.2. So as far as I can see my 6.1
> is acting as you 6.2 is acting. I haven't tried to touch the file as
> you did so I can not comment on that. I don't understand PAM well
> enough to know why you say /lib/security/pam_xauth.so
> should prevent that from happening.

There's a man page for pam_xauth which explains what it's supposed to
do.  It appears that it's working on my Red Hat 6.1 system, working
sporadically on my 6.2 system, and not working at all on your 6.1
system.

This is so weird!

Ian Pilcher                                       pilcher@concentric.net