Re: use_authtok -- what purpose?

On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> I'm now in process of modifiyng pam_cracklib. And it should have configurable
> oldpass file (not only /etc/opasswd, but with default on this).
> I want pam_saveoldpass to be the next thing (also with configurable path).

Hmm, if there will be a saveoldpass module then sticking the same code around
other modules is, IMHO, pointless.  Clean way would be to remove the code in
question from pam_{unix,cracklib,*} and just tell people to use pam_saveoldpass.
And leave only check for old password in these modules.

> P.S. Does anybody knows why there is no man pages for pam modules?
> I started from man page :)
> What documentation format should be used for modules?

sgml?

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?