Re: module unload?

On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> And a small related question.  Is it ok to use static data in pam modules?
> As I see in pam_cracklib (again), there is no static data here, all variables
> are in stack. For this particular case (just curious), is it ok to have
> module options (from command line) in some static area and parse this just once,
> when PAM_PRELIM_CHECK is set in flags, and use already parsed line when
> PAM_UPDATE_AUTHTOK is set?

Try not to do it.  Modules must be fully reentrant, so making static/global
variables can put you in a big mess.  It kicked me hard, and that's why
pam_cracklib has now everything on stack :)

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?