Re: module unload?

Michael Tokarev wrote:
> So, pam_cracklib (just an example -- my "favorite" module) is loaded by su.
> But this module is not responsible for session management, it is
> not responsible even for autentification!

All modules are loaded at the same time, and stacked up in memory by
libpam. They are unloaded when the process calls pam_end(). This parent
'su' doesn't call pam_end() until the session is closed.

When we get around to supporting a fully event driven model with PAM,
every module will have the opportunity to generate/wait for an event and
keeping them all in memory until pam_end() will seem more natural...

Cheers

Andrew