Re: use_authtok -- what purpose?

Michael Tokarev wrote:
> P.S. Does anybody knows why there is no man pages for pam modules?
> I started from man page :)
> What documentation format should be used for modules?

I've not looked at RH6.2 or any of the other distributions installation
of PAM, but it does seem odd (with RH <= 6.1) that 'man pam_start'
doesn't find anything... We've had these man pages in the main tar ball
for quite some time... See doc/man .

$ ls
pam.8                pam_close_session.3  pam_start.3
pam.conf.8           pam_end.3            pam_strerror.3
pam.d.8              pam_fail_delay.3     template-man
pam_authenticate.3   pam_open_session.3
pam_chauthtok.3      pam_setcred.3

As Jan says, the rest of the documentation is in sgml.

Cheers

Andrew