PAM and SSL

 Hi,

1) Is there away to authenticate and authorize an incoming SSL connection
through PAM (i.e. check for valid certificate)

2) Is there any provision (I would guess in the "session management") in
PAM to intercept and process (e.g. encryption+decryption) of a file
descriptor, such as STDIN+STDOUT ?

 The two above would SSL-enable any application without recompiling it !
(I guess certificates would have to contain the username for
identification.)

 Would it take major restructurization of PAM to achieve 1) and 2) ? Would
it be a bad move ? (It looks to me like a reasonable move.)
 If the answer of any of the previous question is yes, is there any way at
all ( I guess a not-so-clean way ) to make PAM do this for me ?

      Thanx,

          Jan

--
-- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
               ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##