User Login session

Hi,

A quick question about user interface between application
and pam_ldap.so. I am using this module to authenitcate
FTP (wu_ftpd) user login.  Who will prompt the user for
login name and password, ftp or pam_ldap.so? Is there a
single "first place" I can get chance to modify user name
immediately after it is recieved at server side?

Thank you.

Qu