Re: Question about pam_xauth

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Along the same vein, this same line is in the /etc/pam.d/su file. What is its
> purpose in that case?

If you're logged in at an xterm and you su, usually you want your Xauthority
keys to be forwarded so that any programs you run as root can then connect to
your X display.

If xauth isn't working for you, you may want to check your logfiles to see if
it's leaving anything there.  I don't know too much about pam_xauth, I just
know that it works for me.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer