Re: Change Password when Password Expires

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, paul wrote:

> How can I setup PAM so that when a users password has expired, it prompts
> the user to change it.
> I modified the login program to do this, but that does no good when a
> user logs in via ssh of telnet. I figure that the best place to make the
> changes is in PAM.
> Users are slow so simply warning them to change it before it expires does
> no good.
> Any body done this before ?

Yep.  And I can say that ssh is b0rken.  All you can do is to force
ssh to exec /bin/passwd when password expires.  I don't have problem with
telnet as it simply executes login.

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?