Re: Using pam to check a known password.

> pam_userpass looks like it could be very handy, but again, it doesn't solve
> the problem of modules that want additional information from an application
> that can't get the information from the user.

Well, you can stack more modules similar to pam_userpass and use all
of them with a conversation function that knows how to speak to all
of the modules.  I'm still not sure whether this is good or bad, but
this is the PAM approach.

> > There's no problem with providing some information via tokens you set
> > manually and the rest via a conversation function, if that was possible.
>
> Indeed not. But how do we make it possible for all applications?

I'm not sure we should.

Signed,
Solar Designer