Re: Linux-PAM portability (was: PAM concepts)

>An earlier (few weeks ago) private discussion amongst Steve, Andrew Morgan
>(who set up "pam.sourceforge.net") and me agreed in principle to make
>"Linux-PAM" as portable as possible.  Indeed the working concept is that
>the very name "Linux-PAM" ought, in principle and in time, to be changed
>to something like "Open-PAM" to inspire us "think portability".

Sounds good. Although autoconf is great, note that we didn't
really have to make many intrusive changes to get things to
build under Darwin. The plan is not to use the Linux-PAM
supplied modules, although most of them do build (pam_unix
eing a notable exception).

I have put patches against 0.72 at:

	http://www.padl.com/~lukeh/pam-darwin-port.diff

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | Darwin Developer | PADL Software Pty Ltd
www.padl.com | lukeh@darwin.apple.com | lukeh@padl.com