pam_unix vs pam_pwdb

I have noticed in my redhat 6.2 config that some pam config files in
/etc/pam.d reference pam_unix and others pam_pwdb.  I can't seem to find
any documentation that makes a distinction between the two.  They both
seem to do the same thing with the exception that pam_unix has a few more
features.

Are pam_unix and pam_pwdb basically the same ?  If not is one
always prefered over the other, or are there situations in which each one
does a better job ?  Can you give me an example ?

Lastly, per the previous post regarding pam_stack.so, it is included on my
redhat 6.2 system with updated rpm pam-0.72.

Thanks,

Running on Linux 2.4
Michael A. Dietz
mad099@dietznet.net