Re: logging from PAM modules

> Ok, module name and service (why service needed -- application knows it

So that libpam can provide a default appl_log() and call it via the
same function pointer.  So that other libs can register a callback
function without the knowledge of the application they're used in.

> Maybe this is an acceptable solution as you proposed, at least I don't
> see drawbacks here.  Also, we _may_ omit openlog at all (and omit
> closelog).   This _has_ some drawbacks (indent string will be NULL
> or that from application, there is no way to change LOG_PID/LOG_CONS etc
> flags).  I don't know how serious this can be.

I think that this approach solves the openlog() problem entirely for
applications that are aware of this new PAM logging interface.

Signed,
Solar Designer