Re: XSSO? How to communicate to XSSO/PAM external authentication info?

Olaf Kirch wrote:
> Talking of GSSAPI, is there anything available on Linux? I recall that
> you, Andrew, were doing a Linux-GSSAPI oh-so-many years ago. What
> became of it?

I'm not entirely sure that it didn't drop into the bit bucket - it may
be out there on some mirror? It was years ago (4?) and I soon realized
that the GSSAPI seemed to be changing on a daily basis. There were three
things that made me stop before I'd done much at all:

 1. US crypto regulations at the time
 2. Unclear what the eventual RFC would look like (I didn't look much
like a "vendor" to anyone writing the RFC, so I didn't seem to get my
questions answered...)
 3. After PAM, it all felt way overdesigned and targetted primarily at
Kerberos.

> I'd be interested in contributing to create a usable GSS on Linux.

I'm nervous about going there again. [No time, and a twice-shy lack of
confidence.]

Cheers

Andrew