Re: pam_{unix,pwdb}: crypt/md5 necessary?

That may well work.

One caveat, is that when first implemented we goofed on bigendian
support and for legacy reasons now support both endian forms of the md5
algorithm (one is not really md5 as a result). I doubt glibc will
correctly handle those passwords.

If you want to try this and report your findings/submit a patch:

 http://sourceforge.net/patch/?group_id=6663

That would be welcome.

Cheers

Andrew