Re: Set passwd on first login?

Answer to my own post! :)

Just one another experiment gives me that i can change
"last password change" field in /etc/shadow to 0 and
user will be prompted for a password.  That is what I
wanted.  But anyway, question about manipulation of
fields in /etc/shadow remain.  Is it possible to made
password use flags:

   -f - force password change (set lastchange=0)
   -n min - set minimum field to min
   -w warn - set warning field to warn
   -x max - set maximum field to max
   etc
(taken from solaris passwd(1) manpage).  I.e. is it
possible with pam/unix/pwdb etc, as password (at least
redhat's one) is pamified?  Or maybe I should get/write
other version of password program?

And another issue -- when I force user to change password
(both expiration and outlined below), login (?) does not use
pam_cracklib.  I.e. I can set up password to just "psw",
but with plain "passwd" I unable to choose that -- cracklib says
"is too simple".  Is that pam_pwdb issue?