Re: null password account NEEDED!

<SNIP>
> 	My bbs system is run through the shell option of the
> bbs user account. This user account had no password and the
> users would simply type 'bbs' at the login and get sent to the
> bbs system's login prompt.
>
> 	I absolutely need to find a way to either make pam
> let users of the bbs account in without a password or a way
> to remove pam from my machine without messing up all the
> modules it seems to be attached to.

on any pam versio i have seen since, there is a "nullok" option for
pam_pwdb.so

on my RH6.1 system there IS a nullok option for login too

[root@localhost pam.d]# cat login
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so

HTH

Carlo