pam_ldap and password changing

Hello!

I have an OpenLdap server and use pam_ldap & nss_ldap to do the authentication
(nss is only used to lookup user information).
But I still can't change my password in a "clean" way: passwd *always* asks
for the UNIX password. If I just ignore it and go on, it will eventually ask my
LDAP password and then I will be able to change it, but I still get some error
messages in my screen.
Has anybody come up with a clean way to do this, besides using scripts and ldappasswd,
for example?

--
Andreas Hasenack