Re: pam_smb and home directories

I have another question, Does smb ever send the encripted password
accross the network rather than the clear text.  If it does pam_smb
could be modified to store the encripted password in the smb or regular
password file, and then the encrypted password could be used by a
session module to be sent instead of a clear text.  I have no idea if
this is feasible or not.  I have'nt played with the internals of smb or
pam enough to know.

    ___
   /  /   _