pam_pwdb

I have been attempting to find out how to specify an alternate
passwd/shadow file pair in order to host virtual domains (the problem is
coming up with FTP;  ProFTPD) on a Linux box.

While I can see that the RedHat default file /etc/pam.d/ftp must be
copied and altered slightly for each domain, and I can see exactly how
to tell ProFTPD to use that file, I have yet to see any document
describing where in that file to put the option that says "This domain
uses the passwd and shadow files in the following location...".

The one option I have seen that indicates a file (second line in
/etc/pam.d/ftp, for pam_listfile.so), points to a blank file.

The weblink for libpwdb on kernel.org is broken:
http://linux.kernel.org/morgan/libpwdb/index.html does not seem to
exist.

Most of the system is stock RH6.1, with the relevant security, bugfix,
and upgrade packages installed.  A test virtual email domain was added
using linuxconf, which placed the passwd and shadow files for the domain
in /etc/vmail.

Any pointers or assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kris Deugau
kdeugau@webhart.net