PAM -etc/pam.d/ppp service does not work..

Hi
I have a RedHat Linux 6.2 m/c which i am trying to setup as as Dial in /out
PPP server.I am running ppd 2.3.11.
My requirement is to do PPP, CHAP authentication and also do RADIUS
authentication during that PPP session for a dial -in scenario.
PAM has may applications/services like PPP,login,ftp etc. When i modified
the login application i saw changes and proper logs and this means it was
running. However if i modify the PPP application in /etc/pam.d/ppp nothing
happens and although i have debug turned on the modules nothing gets written
in the log. I am pretty sure that it is not get invoked at all.
Any idea why the PAM ,PPP is not working?? ANd what is it i have to do to
get it to work.
I greatly appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks
Sangeetha Ganesh